These Fruity Pebbles Doughnuts will make you feel like a kid again. And, if you have little ones of your own, these donuts are sure to be a huge hit with them!
PIN IT 📌
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Fruity Pebbles, divided
- 1 vanilla icing
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a doughnut tin with nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour dry ingredients into the butter/sugar, alternating with milk, and mix until just combined. Take care not to over-mix or doughnuts will be dense.
- Fold 1/2 cup Fruity Pebbles into the batter.
- Evenly distribute batter into cavities of prepared doughnut pan, filling tin almost all the way.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the doughnuts are starting to turn golden and spring back when touched. Let cool in pan for a few minutes, before moving to wire rack to cool completely before icing.
- When doughnuts are cooled, dip upside down into icing to coat the tops. Sprinkle remaining cup of Fruity Pebbles over icing.
- In a medium bowl, whisk confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla extract together. If you want your icing to be thicker, add more confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. If you want it to be thinner, add more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.